What to pack for a trip to Lake Mburo National Park
Planning a trip to Lake Mburo National Park for the weekend? Here are seven things you should pack when coming to stay at Kigambira Safari Lodge:
- Comfortable shoes. We suggest packing a pair of sneakers or your favorite safari boots. Our lodge is in Lake Mburo National Park, making it perfect for game drives and nature walks. You may need your favorite sneakers for this one. You can find more information about activities to do during your stay here.
- Insect repellent. As you unwind in the wild, the bugs will be out too. So don’t forget to bring along an insect repellent for the mosquitoes and other bugs.
- Swimsuit. Kigambira Safari Lodge is the only facility in Lake Mburo National Park with a swimming pool. If you want to catch some rays and lounge around for the day, remember to pack your swimsuit.
- Medication. Don’t forget to bring your prescriptions or any personal medication like painkillers along.
- Sun hat. If you are travelling during the hotter months, remember to pack your favorite sun hat and sunglasses. They will also come in handy if you plan to go for one of our boat rides in the park’s lake system. Lake Mburo National Park has five lakes within the park’s borders. You can read the five facts you probably didn’t know about Lake Mburo National Park here.
- Safari clothes. If you plan to go for a game drive or take a nature walk, while visiting Lake Mburo National Park, you are advised to bring comfortable clothes. Light long-sleeved shirts, along with long trousers can also be a great option to protect you from insect bites. You should also pack a light jacket for the night in case it gets cold.
- Camera and tripod. If you want to get some great pictures and photos of the animals, as well as the beautiful sunset, pack your camera and tripod. Go ahead and tag us on Instagram @kigambirasafarilodge.
Kigambira Safari Lodge is an eco-luxury lodge located in Lake Mburo National Park. It is the closest national park from both Kampala and Entebbe. You can book your stay here.